短信预约提醒成功
pull one's punches
手下留情
I didn't pull my punches. I told her exactly what I think of her.
(我没有手下留情。我清楚表达对她的想法。)
Did she cry? It must have hurt her feelings.
(她哭了吗?那一定很伤她的心。)
dead set against something
坚决反对
Are you sure you don't want to reconsider his proposal?
(你确定你不要重新考虑他的提案吗?)
Listen, I'm dead set against his plan. So don't waste your time.
(听着,我坚决反对他的构想。所以你别浪费时间了。)
not enough room to swing a cat
没有足够的转身空间
The living room is too small.
(客厅实在太小了。)
I agree! There's not enough room to swing a cat.
(我同意!连转身的空间都没有。)
at the top of one's lungs
声嘶力竭
I yelled at the top of my lungs to get tom's attention. But he seems to be deaf.
(我声嘶力竭地大喊想要引起汤姆的注意。不过他像是聋了一样。)
Didn't you see that he was wearing earphones? Every time he listens to rock-n-roll, he turns the volume way up.
(你没看见他戴着耳机吗?他每次听摇滚乐总把音量开到最大。)
at the helm
掌控全局
How long has our CEO been at the helm?
(我们的总裁当家多久了?)
For almost two decades. We need some fresh blood- that's for sure.
(快二十年了。我们需要一些新血是毋庸置疑的。)